Thursday 31 May 2012

BLP / BRB workshop

Last night I had the pleasure of running a workshop for Birmingham Loves Photographers at the request of Craig Bush who is doing great things in the city for the photography community. We worked in a shop unit in the Mailbox and had the company of Matt and Callie, dancers from Birmingham Royal Ballet who danced for the workshop / tutorial.  I talked about my dance exhibition ; Still Dancing and generally about shooting "movement" and performance. Thanks to the 30 or so people who attended the event and put up with the paint fumes ( the unit was being decorated) The pictures here are a small sample of the 163 I took. I managed in the short time to do 2 lighting set ups and I am happy with the results. I could have lit better with more time and the background / floor etc lets some of the images down a little, but it was about the experience and the event, not so much the finished pictures. It was a nice opportunity for me to talk about my experience of shooting dance and to let people see first hand a "behind the scenes" aspect of a photography shoot of this nature. My thanks to Nigel Cotterill who took shots on the night and these can be seen here

http://gallery.me.com/ncotterill#100358&bgcolor=black&view=grid












Again, my thanks to all who attended and Craig, Jelena, Matt, Callie.

1 comment:

  1. Richard put on an excellent workshop in Birmingham, the detail and information he shared truly inspired all af the attendees I spoke to. I highly recommend keeping an eye out for his next one, but would recommend getting there early to ensure a seat. Thank you again Richard for a great two hours, it made my week...
    Rob McColl

    ReplyDelete