Friday 21 August 2009

The pic below is a recent fashion pic for the designer Gavin Douglas. Two things I am very keen on just now are fashion and dance photography and  the pics throughout this site will reflect that.
I am pleased that I currently have some shots for the designer Jacob Kimmie on the VOGUE website, see here...
   

http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/show.aspx/full-length-photos/id,8051 
The dance shot above of Melissa was taken on the roof of The Custard Factory where my studio is. Even as I took it to the printers (as I have published this as a postcard) I was asked about 'the clipping path'..well my friends..I am still shooting with one foot in the 'old school' camp where I believe in 'getting it right' in camera, but shooting digitally. This is a 'straight' picture, shot at sunset and lit. No layers or dropping in of backgrounds here..I've tried it with this type of shot..but it doesn't look the same!  So, where I can ..I do it for real..even if it involves building a platform, taking a trampoline and a whole lighting rig onto a roof.  I'll publish some behind the scenes on here at some point. Working like this can be hard but very rewarding.No wind helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment